Frequently Asked Questions
- All files over 10 years old are held in storage and must be requested 4-5 working days in advance.
- If you require a Letter of Compliance a fee of €35.00 is required.
- Planning Searches are not carried out by Sligo Borough Council. Searches can be carried out by viewing the location of your development by clicking on Search Planning Register and ―View GIS Map‖. Scanned planning documents can be viewed by clicking the ―View Documents‖ link on the detail page of the Search Planning Register. The Planning Register Ledger is available during office hours.
- Any person wishing to report a complaint must do so in writing to the Enforcement Section. Any queries you may have in relation to this matter can be dealt with by calling the Planning Department.
- Any submissions or observations made must be made within five weeks of receipt of the application together with a fee of €20.00.
- All Commencement Notices must be sent to the Building Control Authority in Sligo County Council, attached with the relevant fee, details of which can be obtained from the Building Control Authority on 071 9111111.
- Section 251 of the Planning and Development Act 2000-2010 (as amended) provides that in calculating any appropriate period or other time limit referred to in the Act (other than a period specified in Part II) or in any regulations made under the Act, the period between the 24th Day of December and the first day of January, both days inclusive, shall be disregarded. Accordingly, all time limits specified in connection with the planning application process, including time limits relating to the maintenance of site notices and receipt of submissions or observations (articles 20 and 29 of the Planning and Development Regulations, 2001-2009) are extended by 9 days.
- Copies of the Acts, Regulations and all recently amended regulations are available from The Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government (www.environ.ie).
Scanned planning documents can be viewed by clicking the 'View Documents' link on the detail page of the Search Planning Register
The map location of plans can be viewd by clicking the 'View GIS Map' link on the detail of the Search Planning Register
Types of Planning Permission
This is a type of permission in principle and does not require the submission of detailed drawings.
Permission following Grant of Outline Permission (Permission Consequent)
This application follows the grant of outline permission and must be submitted within 3 years of the grant of outline permission. Detailed plans and drawings of the proposed development are required.
This application requires detailed plans and full particulars of the proposed development.
This application is where unauthorised development has occurred.
Copies of the Acts, Regulations and all recently amended regulations are available from The Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government (www.environ.ie
The Department also publishes a series of leaflets on all aspects of the planning system. They cover a whole range of issues including how to make a planning application, lodge an appeal, requirements for change of use, building an extension to your home, in a word – everything you need to know but didn‘t know who to ask. Copies of these leaflets are available from The Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government (www.environ.ie
Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government: www.environ.ie
City Hall, Quay Street, Sligo.
Opening Hours: Monday-Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm
071 91 14401
071 91 14434
071 91 14429
Acting Assistant Staff Officer
071 91 14428
071 91 14428